Education’s importance for individual life chances and societal development continues to rise worldwide. Changes in schooling, vocational training and higher education as well as informal, inclusive and lifelong learning emphasize this growing significance.
This international, multidisciplinary, research-based ms ed masters in education and social sciences addresses topics at the nexus of education and society and key challenges facing contemporary societies and welfare states.
About The MS ED Master of Education and Social science Degree
English-language-based, the ms ed master of education programme distinctively unites social scientific analysis of education and social systems and policies at local, national, European, and global levels. The MED combines historical, cultural, political, educational and sociological perspectives on educational institutions and organizations as well as their conditions and their consequences.
As a student in the ms ed Master in education, you will analyse changes in ideas, institutions and organizations caused by social, economic and political integration and compare the development of educational and social policies, schooling and social services across time and space. Particular emphasis is on Luxembourg, its neighbouring countires Germany, France and Belgium, and Europe within the context of internationalization. Innovatively, the approaches and methodologies of a variety of academic disciplines, including educational science, history and sociology, are jointly utilized in analysis and problem-solving.
Students will be prepared to either continue their academic career at any European University intensive doctoral programmes or transition to a wide variety of national or international organisations, governments, foundations or associations throughout Europe and beyond.
Applications will be accepted for the programme from 6 January 2016 until the deadlines specified below.
Completed applications should be submitted no later than 30 April 2016 for candidates who are not citizens of a member country of the European Union.
Completed applications should be submitted no later than 30 June 2016 for candidates holding the citizenship of an EU member state.
Late applications will only be accepted to the extent that places remain unfilled.
- Applicants must hold a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent (180 ECTS) in an educational or social science (or multiple disciplines) and have a strong interest in theoretical perspectives and excellent methodological skills.
- Because courses are taught in English, advanced command of English (both written and oral) is required. Standardised testing, such as TOEFL (iBT 90 minimum) or IELTS (6.5)
- Competence in German and/or French is considered beneficial for students on the University’s multilingual campus.
Admission is limited to 25 students per cohort. Selection is based on the application documents and a personal interview. The application must include:
- letter of motivation (2 pages describing your academic preparation and interests)
- curriculum vitae
- transcripts of prior academic work
- contact details of a referee and/or a letter of reference
Universities Offering The Course
This course is offered by one of the best universities in Luxembourg, Login below to gain complete information about the university offering the course and how to enroll for the course