Learn how civil process operates in an online Masters Degree in Civil Engineering and gain a more concrete understanding of the civil process. This top universities for masters in civil engineering program will instruct you on how to utilize all the tools and materials used by practice.
The masters in civil engineering programs from one of the top civil engineering schools in Europe educates not only the general Civil Engineer, but also has a focus on planning and construction of megastructures with the sustainable use of resources. The theme “sustainability” is increasingly important and the well-trained modern civil engineer must be able to judge and optimise civil structures and buildings in the context of the growing shortness of construction materials and energy resources. The civil engineering masters program is offered by the one of the best civil engineering schools in Luxembourg and it focus on two themes, megastructures and sustainability, which sets the ms civil engineering apart from other masters in civil engineering programs.
About The Masters Degree in Civil Engineering
This masters in civil engineering branches program forms part of the Bologna process. As such, graduates can work world-wide as a civil engineer for:
- engineering consultancies,
- governmental and railway organisations.
After the online civil engineering technology degree, the student can also continue his/ her career with a PhD-research at any of the top civil engineering schools in the world.
By studying this ms in civil engineering program, the student becomes a Masters in Civil Engineering graduate who can:
- Analyse civil engineering problems and put them in a broader context regarding non-technical aspects, such as project management and managerial accounting.
- Operate in an international environment and in interdisciplinary teams.
- Plan and design structures, systems, components and processes to meet desired needs in civil engineering.
- Oversee the consequences of his/her actions regarding time and transport planning, energy consumption, environmental health and use of resources.
- Optimise civil engineering designs by a sustainable use of resources.
- Apply this all at the most complex design of civil engineering megastructures.
We believe that our masters in civil engineering offers a unique mix of features that makes it a smart choice.
Here are ten reasons for choosing this Master:
- General Civil Engineering Education: Most large universities offer master in civil engineering program that focus on one specific civil domain only. This Master educates the generalists since they are more in demand from small and large organisations alike thanks to their total overview of large projects.
- Megastructure Engineering with Sustainable Resources: Bachelor engineers focus more on smaller projects, this ms in civil engineering educates engineers who want to focus on the more complex projects, and who realise that, in the future, construction materials and energy will become scarcer..
- Top 200-ranked University: According to the Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2015-16, the University of this course in Luxembourg is ranked 193 World wide.
- Strong research unit: Our Master programme is taught by staff from the Research Unit of Engineering Science, one of the largest research units at the University in Luxembourg. In the last few years this department has pursued a strategy of hiring top professors from around Europe.
- Ties to industry: For some applied courses the best teachers from industry are selected, both the design project and the Master thesis can be done together with a company.
- Individual supervision and small class sizes: We limit student intake in order to provide an optimal learning environment; the active participation of students during lectures is encouraged.
- International and multi-cultural environment: Both students and faculty come from many different cultural backgrounds, which makes studying civil engineering in Luxembourg so much more exciting.
- Quality of life in Luxembourg: In a recent survey by the Mercer Consultancy, Luxembourg was ranked 17th in terms of quality of living and the safest city among 215 capitals.
- At the heart of Europe: Luxembourg is a short train ride away from cities such as Paris, Brussels and Frankfurt.
Requirements for admission
Students with a “Bachelor of Science” degree in “Civil Engineering” or generally in “Engineering” with a graduation profile “Civil Engineering”
These students are directly eligible for applying to the Master programme.
Students with a “Bachelor of Applied Science” (Professional / Polytechnical degree) in “Civil Engineering”
These students can apply to the Master in Civil Engineering if they have an average grade of at least 75%. These students have access after successful completion of mandatory upgrading courses (More information about these courses) which these students can do at the University in Luxembourg (in French and German) or similar courses somewhere else.
Start of studies & enrolment
The study programme starts each year in September. A start in the second semester (January) is not possible.
There are two application rounds:
- Round 1 is from January until end of April. (Both European and Non-EU students)
- Round 2 is from end of April until end of July. (Only European students)
It is recommended to apply as soon as possible due to the limited number of places.
It is recommended to always apply in the first round, even when the Bachelor isn’t finished yet. In that case first send in your last mark sheet. The final University Diploma and Marks sheet can be sent in until the first week of September (All European students) or the first week of May (Non-EU students).
Due to the time limit and due to availability after the first round, the second round is only foreseen for students who do not need to obtain a visa. Indeed, non-EU students have to realise that obtaining a visa can take sometimes several months.
Furthermore, it’s preferable to send the application for student housing as soon as possible to obtain the most favorable answer.
If the number of applicants exceeds 25 students, they will be selected according to their academic record, motivation letter and potential reference letter.
The study is full time; no part time study is possible.
1) The enrolment requires online applicaton where the following documents are needed:
- 1 ID photo
- 1 copy of ID or passport
- 1 copy (both sides) of health insurance / social security card + validity date (Non-EU students can get this in Luxembourg)
- 1 copy of the University diploma(s) including grading (+ official translation if other languages than French, German or English)
- A one page motivation letter;
- A detailed CV;
- Letters of recommendation can be added as an option;
- Only in case of doubt about the level of English of the applicant, we can ask for a B1-certificate (or TOEFL).
2) Also a paper file including the above list of documents must be sent in to the attention of the SEVE (Student administration) .
Students with another bachelor/master degree
Other students with a Bachelor degree (or even Master degree) can apply for the Master course when their level is at least the same as the students of the two groups mentioned above. The applicant will be selected “sur dossier” and mandatory foundation courses can be defined
Universities Offering The Online Civil Engineering Technology Degree
This online masters in civil engineering programs course is offered by one of the best universities in Luxembourg, Login below to gain complete information about the university offering the course and how to enroll for the course
[ihc-hide-content ihc_mb_type=”show” ihc_mb_who=”1,2,3,4″ ihc_mb_template=”3″ ] Enroll Now [/restrict]