This Masters degree in auditing will train you on how to use all of the tools and materials used by auditors during practice.
The masters degree in auditing and management control already sets the foundations for working responsibly as part of the span class=”spGb-e spGb-h”>master’s degree in Auditing and Accounting.
About The Masters Degree in Auditing
The teaching provided in this masters in auditing and taxation degree must offer a balance of theoretical, research and practical aspects in training accountants and auditors. Stringent requirements in terms of the comprehensive development of the required social skills are paramount and knowledge must be conveyed in the core specialist subjects of accounting and auditing as well as the supplementary specialist subjects (law, IT and computer systems, business studies and economics, corporate finance, mathematics and statistics) with the following structure:
- Basic knowledge: students know basic definitions and can express the prevailing opinion.
- Comprehension: students are able to order their knowledge and present it systematically as well as recognise problems.
- Application: students are able to apply the knowledge they have gained and prepare their own calculations and interpretation. They are able to assess individual cases appropriately and evaluate the findings.
- Analysis: students are able to recognise complex problems and analyse these on the basis of the experience they have gained.
- Synthesis: students are able to intervene in processes with corrective measures, develop new procedures and propose improvements. This also includes the ability to present their own performance adequately and develop it towards finding a solution.
- Evaluation: students are able to make a judgement, contemplate comparisons and draw accurate conclusions. They are also able to make forecasts and justify their statements.
Contemporary teaching and learning arrangements are applied: The course does not therefore stop at pure knowledge transfer, but promotes independent problem solving, reflection, evaluation, analysis and the synthesis of specialist areas.
Individual and high-quality support of students by lecturers is very important on this course. This is partly ensured by the low intake number of only 25 students per batch.
The Auditing Degree Description
Semester 1 & 2
During the first two semesters, students acquire basic knowledge, comprehension and application skills in accounting and auditing.These are the core specialist subjects.Students are expected to transfer the knowledge acquired in accounting and auditing and their method expertise in the form of dissertations (e.g., seminar projects). These need to be completed regularly throughout the entire duration of the course.
Additionally, basic knowledge, comprehension and application skills are conveyed in the first two semesters of the studies regarding thesupplementary specialist subjects.These are mathematics, statistics, corporate finance and law.
Semester 3 & 4
During the semesters 3 and 4, specialist and detailed knowledge in the core specialist areas of accounting and auditing is conveyed and analysis, synthesis and evaluation are promoted. Courses are offered in the supplementary specialist subjects of IT and computer systems, business studies and economics. The culmination and conclusion of this stage of the studies is the Master thesis .
- Fee amounts: 1600 EUR/ semester
- Students who wish to specialise in the field of accounting and auditing and aim for a career in finance or accounting/auditing or the financial management of companies.
- Students with a first degree in business studies, economics, law or mathematics who wish to obtain the professional qualification of réviseur d’entreprises. The Master offers optimum preparation for this professional qualification, as the teaching content required by the legislator for the theoretical part of the training is comprehensively implemented. In addition, the formation complémentaire des réviseurs d’entreprises is integrated.
- Students who want to become an auditor in another EU member state. The Master’s programme provides optimum preparation for the professional aptitude test (often also called “audit exam”) in the relevant member state.
- Students who intend to pursue a career in research in the field of accounting and auditing, as the Master attaches particular importance to research-based education and therefore provides optimum preparation for a subsequent doctorate.
First degree qualifying for working in the fields of business studies, economics, law, and mathematics (e.g., Bachelor, diploma or Staatsexamen) corresponding to a minimum of 180 ECTS, or completed equivalent, recognised level of education corresponding to a minimum of 180 ECTS. Proof of excellent written and oral English language skills (B2) is also required.
As part of the application process for the Master’s degree course in Accounting and Audit, all applicants have to complete an entrance examination.
How to apply?
Applications have to be submitted exclusively online : Apply now.
For the winter semester 2016/17, applications will be opened as following:
Non-EU students: Online registration from 6th January to the 30th April 2016. Submission of the complete application file until 6 May 2016.
EU students: Online registration from 6th January to the 1st July 2016. Submission of the complete application file until 8 July 2016.
Applicants must fill in the pre-registration form on the university’s web site and send to SEVE an application file, which has to contain thefollowing documents:
- Motivation letter (not longer than 1 page)
- Curriculum vitae (not longer than 3 pages)
- An identify photograph (to be pasted on the application form, not stapled) which meets the following criteria : size 45 x 35 mm, in color, against clear background. Photos taken in a photo machine or scanned photographs are not accepted.
- Copy of identity card or passport
- For European (EU) students, a copy of the European health insurance card (both-sided) or a certificate from the affiliation to a social security with date of expiry.
- A copy of your university diploma and a copy of the translated version of your university diploma, if the original degree is in a language other than French, German or English (translated by a certified translator).
- A copy of all marks sheets you can provide at the time of the application and a copy of the translated version of all mark sheets you can provide at the time of the application, if the original degree is in a language other than French, German or English (translated by a certified translator).
- English language certificate. Only the following english certificates will be accepted:
- TOEFL iBT Test (internet based): score of 87-109/120
- TWE (Test of written english): score of 5
- IELTS: score of 5.5-6.5
- Cambridge ESOL (ex. FCE): B2 Level
If you have studied in an English speaking institution, or have all courses taught at your university in English (excluding English language courses) you may meet our requirements without having to supply one of the above certificates. Evidence of this will either need to be included on a transcript or letter from your university.
The University of Luxembourg will inform you of our decision on your application at the end of May 2016 (non-EU) and end of July 2016 (EU).
Students will be selected based on the following criteria, which are equally weighted :
- Convincing cover letter, demonstrating a real evidence of motivation
- CV demonstrating pertinent interest, aptitude and capacity for the Master in Accounting and Audit
- Language certificate and level of English proficiency
- Results and efforts of the completed entrance examination
Universities Offering The Masters Degree Programs in Auditing Course
This course is offered by one of the best universities in Luxembourg, Login below to gain complete information about the university offering the course and how to enroll for the course