Enroll for one of the world cheapest Visual and Media Anthropology Online Masters Degree in The World
Start an Online Degree in visual and media anthropology from one of the best and finest universities in Berlin Germany
Grab the opportunity to enroll for one of the world cheapest online Masters degree in visual and media anthropology through online learning. Earn an online Bachelor degree from one of the best Universities in world with less than $4,000 per Semester and enjoy the same academic benefits accorded to on campus full time students.
About The Degree Program
Visual and Media Anthropology in one of the Best German Universities
The Institute of Social and Cultural Anthropology (Department of Political and Social Sciences) at one of the top Universities in Berlin and a university of excellence, is offering an innovative continuing education online Master’s (M.A.) program in Visual and Media Anthropology with additional in-house-classes. The vision of the program is to bring visual and media anthropological knowledge to people who have already settled, and are future leaders, in the film industry or governmental and non- governmental organizations, as well as to the current and future leading voices of the museums, film festivals, new media, galleries and other art und culture production industries.
- The two-year Master’s program comprises 120 ECTS
- The language of instruction is English.
- It is a web-based advanced graduate degree program educating media professionals in visual and media anthropology
- Additionally to the E-learning classes, we do offer in-house-classes in blocks (2 weeks twice a year).
- The program is highly international. Students are coming from all continents and 50 different countries
- Since its inception (winter semester 2008/2009), the program has a successfully high rate of applicants
- The program immatriculates between 20 and 30 students every year
The MA in Visual and Media Anthropology is the winner of the E-learning prize 2010 of the Centre for Digital Systems (CeDiS). We use a combination of different e-learning tools (Adobe Connect Webinar, LMS Blackboard, multi-media Online modules designed by our lecturer and 3D-virtual environments with avatars and voice-chat).
The program is a combination of E-learning and in-house learning with five main units:
- The distance E-learning modules (you can stay in your country or travel or take care about your children while studying the online-modules)
- Four in-house workshops at Freie Universität Berlin at the beginning of each semester (October and April) lasting two weeks long
- An internship in a TV production company, online media company, film festival, ethnological museum, film archive or other related fields
- A short film or media project
- The master’s thesis and/ or the film or media project
- Participants should have at least an undergraduate or first degree (B.A., M.A., Diploma etc.).
- Participants must proof a minimum of one year of work experience (internship, jobs, projects) SUBSEQUENT to the completion of the undergraduate or first degree. This work experience should be related to your first degree or to some sort of media practice. Please present your work experience as a detailed schedule or table, including: employer/internship supervisor, job description, duration of the employment/placement, proof (copy of contract, certificate of employment/internship completion, or a signed letter from the employer/supervisor).
- Participants who have worked across various disciplines and regions are encouraged to apply. They should show interest in non-western countries as well as in film production and research in e.g. Asia, Africa, Latin America.
- Proficiency in English (fluent in both written and spoken) is a must. You do not need to give us any certificate (TOEFL, etc.) to prove your proficiency in English – We trust that our applicants are able to judge their own capacity in completing an M.A. level course in English.
- Participants should have basic technical skills in film, video or photography.
- Participants must have adequate electronic equipment in order to deal with various multimedia materials; high-speed Internet access, a fast computer and a personal email account are compulsory. Owning a basic digital camera is recommended.
The tuition fees are 5,990 € per year of study (2,995 € per semester). In addition, there is the university’s regular registration fee of 110,39 € per semester and an optional 193,90 € for the Semesterticket (allows the use of the entire Berlin railway-system). In sum, this amounts to 3.291,57€ (including the train ticket) per semester or 6.598.58 € per year of study. The whole 2 year program costs in total are 13.197,16 €. Please note that the additional univeristy registration/semester fees may change slightly. Students must also keep in mind any additional (travel, room) costs arising from the In-house and fieldwork periods.
Program Start Date:
November of Each Year
University Offering The Course
This course is offered by one of the best Universities in Germany, Login below to gain complete information about the university offering the program and how to enroll for the program
[ihc-hide-content ihc_mb_type=”show” ihc_mb_who=”2,3,1″ ihc_mb_template=”4″ ] Apply Now [/restrict]