Discover the power of solar energy and learn how to design a complete photovoltaic system in this Solar Energy online course.
About the solar energy online course
In this of Solar Energy course you will learn to design a complete photovoltaic system. This online course in solar energy introduces the technology that converts solar energy into electricity, heat and solar fuels with a main focus on electricity generation. Photovoltaic (PV) devices are presented as advanced semiconductor devices that deliver electricity directly from sunlight. The emphasis on this online course in solar energy is on understanding the working principle of a solar cell, fabrication of solar cells, PV module construction and the design of a PV system. You will gain a greater understanding of the principles of the photovoltaic conversion— the conversion of light into electricity. This solar energy course explores the advantages, limitations and challenges of different solar cell technologies, such as crystalline silicon solar cell technology, thin film solar cell technologies and the latest novel solar cell concepts as studied on lab-scale. We will discuss the specifications of solar modules and demonstrate how to design a complete solar system for any particular application.
What you’ll learn in the solar energy course
- The various methods of converting solar energy into electricity, heat and solar fuels
- The physical working principles of photovoltaic conversion in solar cells
- How to recognize and describe the various solar cell technologies, their current status and future technological challenges
- How to analyze the performance of solar cells and modules
- How to design a complete photovoltaic system for any particular application on paper
- Working principle of a semiconductor based solar cell
- Solar cell operation, performance and design rules
- PV technology based on c-Si wafers
- Thin Film PV Technologies
- Third generation PV, solar thermal and solar fuels
- PV systems – components and concepts
- PV systems – applications and design